For the reason that olden days, “Ubtan” has been made at residence for skincare. In reality, it has grow to be part of wedding ceremony rituals, when haldi and Ubtan are utilized on the bride. Ubtan consisted of wheat bran (choker), gram flour, yogurt or cream of milk (malai) and a pinch of turmeric. All these had been blended collectively and utilized on the physique, together with oil. It was then washed off after 20 to half-hour, whereas bathing. It helped to cleanse the pores and skin, leaving it clean and shiny.
Advantages of Ubtan
Ubtan makes your pores and skin delicate and offers it that elusive glow.
- It’s a conventional technique of eradicating lifeless pores and skin cells, softening the pores and skin and enhancing pores and skin magnificence.
- When it’s washed off with water throughout the bathtub, it helps to take away lifeless pores and skin cells, making the pores and skin delicate and clean.
- It additionally helps to take away tan and brighten the pores and skin, producing a fair color tone.
Really, the physique ought to first be massaged with sesame seed (til) oil. Do you know that sesame seed (til) oil has sun-protective properties and counteracts sun-damage? After the oil therapeutic massage, “ubtan” could also be utilized after which washed off after half an hour, whereas bathing. The washing off and scrubbing away of the substances, leaves the pores and skin clear, shiny and glowing, with a translucent high quality. Exfoliation or elimination of lifeless cells is a vital therapy for physique and face, because it helps in bettering pores and skin texture, accelerating the cell renewal course of, minimizing darkish patches and blemishes, and likewise producing a fair color tone. It’s a highly effective cleaning process too and retains the pores freed from hardened oil.
Make your individual Ubtan
You’ll be able to check out making “Ubtan” or scrubs with these easy kitchen substances like like almond meal (floor almonds), oats, rice flour, wheat bran (choker), sesame seeds (til), in addition to cucumber or pumpkin seeds. Orange and lemon peels may be dried and powdered and added to scrubs. Combine with a liquid ingredient like water, rose water, curd or milk.
Ubtan for the face
Ubtan can be utilized on the face. Here’s a facial ubtan for all pores and skin sorts.
- Take one teaspoon floor dry orange and lemon peels, one teaspoon oats and one teaspoon floor almonds (almond meal). Add one teaspoon every of honey and yogurt. Apply on the pores and skin and rub gently with round actions. Then wash off with water.
- Egg white can be added to this face pack.
- Orange and lemon peels ought to be dried totally within the solar and saved in a tightly closed container.
Oats for dry pores and skin
Oats works wonders on oily, blackhead inclined pores and skin.
- Combine oats with egg white and apply on the pores and skin.
- When it’s dry, dampen with water and gently scrub it off the pores and skin.
- The face ought to be rinsed off with water.
- Oats added to curd can be utilized on the face if you don’t want to use egg, washing it off when it’s dry.
Lemon juice and sugar
Lemon juice and sugar make a superb scrub. Strive it on the fingers.
- Combine the sugar to the lemon juice simply earlier than scrubbing.
- Rub gently on the pores and skin and wash off with water.
A nourishing scrub
Here’s a recipe for a nourishing scrub.
- Grind one tablespoon almonds and blend one tablespoon honey and egg white.
- Apply on face and go away on for 15 to twenty minutes.
- Dampen with milk or water and gently scrub on the face.
Cleanse your pores and skin with papaya
Ripe papaya has a cleaning motion and comprises an enzyme known as papain, which helps to take away lifeless pores and skin cells and brighten the pores and skin.
- Add oats and curd to papaya.
- Apply on the face and rub gently on the pores and skin, washing off with water.
Inexperienced tea on your pores and skin
Make a powder of inexperienced tea leaves and blend it with curd and a bit aloe vera gel. Apply on the face and neck and go away on for a couple of minutes. Rub gently and wash off with water.
(This text is authored by Shahnaz Husain, a Padma Shri Award recipient and pioneer of the Ayurvedic magnificence motion and the pinnacle of a worldwide community of franchise ventures and 375 formulations.)